Tuesday, February 28, 2012

These Shoes are Made for Walkin'


Kid-rearing is kinda a weird little juggle of emotions isn't it? When you have one you are so excited for them to do the next milestone. Make her walk at 6 months. Yes, make, and no not really at 6 months. Is she talking yet? Is she doing long-division? Whatever, each milestone is a big deal, right?

Then you have the second and well, let's admit it, it's a constant comparison in your head (well in mine at least it was) of is she doing it at the same pace as the first?

But now we're at our third and final. Well, I didn't think I was that Mommy who didn't want to let the baby-stage end. But turns out ... well I just might be. I remember when my first was born telling my Mom how dumb I thought the saying was, "oh if they could stay little forever." Oh but if they could ...
Isaac is walking. He started full on walking about a week ago. He took his first step on Christmas. But I'm proud to say we didn't overly encourage that after his first. I mean we helped a little, cheered him on when he took some more. But three kids at vertical status ... well that's a lot of little hands at reach level.

But it's more that that really. He's WALKING. Ugh and sigh. That means he'll be outside playing with the others soon enough. And, sigh again, my little snuggle is off an running. I'm not gonna lie, a little bit of me wanted to do what Josh Duhamel did in Life As We Know It with Kathryn Heigl when he pushed the baby down when she started to take her first step. Don't worry, I didn't.

My mom told me, well he's going to walk you know. And yes, I know. But again now I've got to let go of my baby stager mentality and embrace having three KIDS.

It's funny how fast raising kids goes by. Has anyone else seen that Facebook post about embracing that? I love that girl who wrote it. I totally agree with her. Racing the always perpetuating kid-time clock is stressful. Yes, there are times I wish it would slow down, but then again, there are times I wish it would speed up. For example, I'm pretty sure I won't be too sad when I no longer have to change a poopy diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment