Friday, March 16, 2012

THAT Mom

Okay, I admit it, I’m THAT Mom. You know the one … the one you always promised you wouldn’t be, but probably from time to time … are. Well, I was her this weekend. We took a little family stay-cation to Disney’s Riverside Resort to experience the Royal Rooms. (super pretty and totally Disney-class fun) And it occurred to me that these little stay-cations are anything but relaxing for me.

Yep, I’m the mom running around and grouching at the kids trying to prevent any itty bitty from getting lost, bones from being broken as they jump from bed to bed or drowning as they go three different directions in the pool. My heart stops every time they jump in the pool as we’ve already had one emergency room trip last summer because – little tip for you -- when little kids jump in a pool, well they like to jump tow

ards the closest wall (which is inevitably the one they are jumping from).

So here I am, wound like a tight cuckoo clock, sitting in a pool, freezing my toosh off in the only 80-degree March weather, basking in squeels of delight and glee from the kiddos and realizing that the last time I stayed at a hotel with the kids I felt the same way. Sigh.

Here’s the thing, I’m sure as they get older I won’t be as neurotic … I hope. But until they can all swim, understand gravity and are big enough to run away from a stranger, I’m pretty sure that my most relaxing moments as a mommy will be when they are all safely tucked in and asleep in their royal beds.

BTW – if you’ve not been to the Royal Rooms … the fiber optic fireworks as the headboards are so cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment