Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Asian Destiny


A while back Chik-Fil-A was giving out Chinese language CDs in their kid’s meals. Saylah was all over this CD and went to bed nearly every night for months and months listening to Chinese. Which was a win win for us. Get her to go to bed easily and hope some foreign language skills seep in while she’s slumbering away.

Well, this was probably two years ago if I had to take a guess and to this day she still remembers a few choice words in Chinese and has a real keen interest in the subject. Which is somewhat annoying to me as I’ve also taught them bits of Japanese and we’ve even had Japanese exchange students visit us and become part of our family, yet her interest still seems to be stronger in the Chinese culture over the Japanese culture.

With her consistent love for the Chinese culture, Saylah has recently discovered that many of her possessions are “made in China.” It was super funny and pretty darn cute, I have to admit, when she exclaimed to me last week, “Mommy! Every thing I have is made in China!”

She is convinced it’s her good fortune that she “keeps getting stuff made in China.” I simply don’t have the heart to break it to her that Mommy and Daddy just buy a lot of cheap stuff. ;)  


No comments:

Post a Comment