Friday, September 28, 2012

Sibling Games


I’ve been waiting for years for the kids to begin what I call Sibling Games. You know the ones, if you have a sibling, you did them too.  These are the games where the story is better than the game.

For example, when I was little my older brother and his friend would be playing outside in our backyard and would tell me that they were going to Six Flags. As any 5-year-old would, I engaged. “I want to go too!” So Matt and his friend would say, “Okay, you just gotta keep up!” And off they would run, faster and faster around the house, until they were so fast I couldn’t keep up. And somehow, magically they were transported to Six Flags. And alas, my little slow legs were still stuck in the backyard. … Mean big brothers! ;) (We won’t comment here about gullible little sisters.)

Today I loved watching the girls play in our backyard for a little October mud and water happy hour! To my glee I witnessed two oldies but goodies. Saylah figured out that to gain hose possession all she had to do was bend the hose. Audrey however got the better of her older sister when she told her to pull the hose real hard. Subsequently letting it go resulting in a toosh crash for Saylah. I admit, I laughed out loud.

Proper sibling order was regained when Saylah gained possession and followed Audrey around the backyard drenching her! However, poor Isaac got the brunt of it all. Every time little man wanted to go near anywhere they didn’t want him … or perhaps just close enough in firing range … he got hosed!

Call me crazy, but I’m a little excited for this next phase of sibling standings and antics. I just can’t wait until they take each other snipe hunting. What? You’ve not gone? Come on by … I’ll take ya!

What Sibling Games did you play? Or were played on you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment